Mango Mama Tacos
Try this plant-based quick, easy taco recipe to fuel your body with nutrient-dense foods and have a party in your mouth. It is sweet, spicy, fresh, crunchy, and healthy.
Base & Veggies
Small corn tortillas
A protein of choice- tofu, tempeh, black beans, chickpeas
Shredded red cabbage
Mango Salsa : 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and finely diced o 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion o 1/2 jalapeño, minced o 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice o 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
Fresh lime squeeze
1. Prepare your base protein
2. Make your mango salsa mix all 'mango salsa' ingredients in a small bowl.
3. Heat the tortillas - place a tortilla directly over the gas flames on your stovetop for a few seconds using tongs. Flip every 15 seconds until the tortilla is warm & crispy! Heat each tortilla separately.
4. Assemble the tacos - add base protein first, then shredded carrots, red cabbage, and a healthy serving of mango salsa.
5. Add additional toppings (optional) - avocado, fresh cilantro, lime squeeze, cayenne pepper.